Environmentally-friendly transport at the Treuscoat Estate
In such a natural, privileged location as the Treuscoat Estate, can you imagine getting around other than by using environmentally-friendly transport?
Committed to an eco-friendly approach, we make several environmentally-friendly means of transport available to our visitors, from the most traditional to the most innovative. Cars are not allowed onto the estate, except, of course, for granting access to our cabins for people with reduced mobility.
Environmentally-friendly transport at the heart of the estate
The potential of the 63 hectares of meadows and woods at Treuscoat allows us to offer a full and varied range of environmentally-friendly transport.
How would you like to explore the wealth of this estate?
- through a walking guided tour,
- during a supervised ride using cross-country e-scooters (from 12 years old),
- during a pony ride (for children aged 4 to 10 years),
- with the family on board a carriage,
- independently on a mountain bike, electric mountain bike or cargo electric bike,
- by setting off along our three marked hiking paths etc.
Thanks to our environmentally-friendly transport, immerse yourself in our natural environment in a fun, educational way.
These activities highlight the diversity of environmentally-friendly transport, and the possibility of strolling through and exploring the estate at your own pace.
Ideal for taking the time to share special moment with your family members, the countryside is perfect for completely disconnecting and boosting your energy levels.
Our staff are part of the movement too!
Our teams use small electric vehicles for carrying out daily maintenance tasks within the site and in our accommodation.
Breakfasts, aperitif hampers and evening meal hampers will be brought to you either in a small electric vehicle or on foot.
Environmentally-friendly transport around the Estate
Located in Pleyber Christ, at the gateway to the Monts d’Arrée hills and the Bay of Morlaix, the Treuscoat Estate enables you to experience environmentally-friendly transport.
Follow the Vélodyssée! As the French part of the “Atlantic Coastal Route” or “EuroVelo 1”, this bicycle route leaves the North of Norway to reach Brittany via Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Cornwall, ending up in Roscoff. It crosses Brittany via the Monts d’Arrée and passes several kilometres East of the estate, before heading on to Portugal following the Atlantic coast. The Vélodyssée is backed by the Roscoff - Concarneau cycle route to Carhaix, where it follows the Nantes - Brest canal. This route is entirely protected from Morlaix to Concarneau, making it perfectly suitable for families.
Tourism on foot
- Head for the famous GR34, the old custom’s path, which follows the Breton coasts over 2,000 km and goes through Morlaix, only 8 km from the estate.
- The GR380, the Tour of the Monts d’Arrée route, is also just several kilometres to the East, West and South of the Estate.
- For those living in Pleyber Christ, the 3 Woods route links the heart of the town to the estate, only 3.5 km away.
Tourism on horseback
Lying very close to our accommodation, our meadows (paddocks) allow horse owners to come and stay on the estate with their mounts, and sometimes to come to us on horseback.
Do you have any questions regarding our environmentally-friendly transport offer?