Our eco-responsible approach at the Treuscoat Estate
Conscious of the challenges linked to the conservation of our planet for future generations, the Treuscoat Estate has continually improved its environmental performances since it was taken over in 2017.
To do this, we implemented an action plan including building renovation and renewable energy production (sun / wood). We take various market innovations and developments into account, and are committed to a sustainable, concrete eco-friendly approach.
Our action for the environment
The Treuscoat Estate has implemented several courses of action, through which our eco-friendly approach applies to all our activities: from our Residential Adventure Park with its Eco Lodges to our equestrian and forest-based activities.
- Using renewable energy in our eco lodges: lighting, economic water management, eco toilets.
- Use of eco-certified or natural cleaning products.
- Heating in the common areas is ensured using wood chips from our own forest and its surrounding area, via a local supply chain overseen by a local company named “Coat Bro Montroulez”.
- Balanced forest management, as part of a simple, approved management plan.
- Limiting our Eco Lodges' impact on their natural environment: limited lifespan (between 5 and 10 years), mobility, constructed using wood, visitor frequency, with the aim of having no impact on the surrounding natural environment.
- Preferred use of short food channels, thanks to various partnerships with local producers, as well as the implementation of closed markets to promote producers and encourage exchanges and discussions.
- Preserving wildlife corridors and, more generally, contributing to protect biodiversity.
Short supply chains and promoting our partners
Our local partners are an integral part of our sustainable, slow tourism policy. Thanks to them, we can promote and value local treasures and generate additional economic impact at territory level.
We promote local companies by indicating product origin. In our shop and bar and / or in the food we offer, you may find produce from these local, artisanal companies:
- La Belle-Iloise cannery
- Le Bois Jumel,
- Kergompez Orchard,
- A l’Aise Breizh,
- Bretagne Apéritif Club,
- Coz Mezou,
- La Route des Comptoirs,
- La Cuisine d’Olivier,
- Maison Legoff,
- La Belle-Iloise
- Ty Bocal,
- Maison Kerys.
We also prefer local companies for all our outdoor services: the Parcabout® treetop nets, the construction of our accommodation, etc.
And inside too! The Treuscoat Estate prefers long-term business and the creation of long-term jobs within the company. Its staff is trained and sensitive to eco-friendly gestures and to the company’s policy for the performance of their daily tasks.
Environmental policy: our projects for the future
Two actions should also be implemented at the Treuscoat Estate, as part of our eco-friendly approach.
- As of now, promoting slow tourism, by creating partnerships with other stakeholders, to take full advantage of the nature and wealth of Finistere's local heritage.
- In upcoming years, we intend to become self-sufficient in terms of energy within the Treuscoat Estate's 63 hectares, thanks in particular to photo-thermic panels, a boiler fired with wood shavings and to our future solar panels.
Wishing to take our visitors’ comments into account, we will be attentive to your remarks and ideas, to pursue our progress and meet environmental requirements! Please don’t hesitate to let us know what you think, directly at reception or by using the Contact us section on our website.